Hard Cold or Sparkling Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Cold or Sparkling Light

Northern friends are not impressed by our cold here in Oklahoma, I know. I mean, their 10 below is not 47 degrees like it is here.

You go about your outdoor chores in devotion to duty, cleaning sidewalks, drive ways, caring for animals and such in a climate of not only snow bound surrounding, but biting cold, as well.

Age brings on aches and misery, too. However, even in this relative moderate temperature the cold felt good on my face and dried out sinuses from being shut inside. Walking up and down my drive is not observed by anyone other than my family and maybe one or two neighbors. No longer must I let my heart be heavy because Rhonda cannot enjoy this small pleasure. If she can endure with cheerful acceptance then, who am I to mourn something that cannot be changed.

On a clear night I'm greeted by the twinkling bright stars and that thought brings me to the early morning lecture.
    Scriptures were used today by the speaker who came from Blackwell. His children and wife were all clean and bright as though polished with a soft cloth to make their faces shiny.

His illustration was of the polishing of gems in comparison to the way we live our lives.
    "A rough gem, when polished becomes a thing of adornment." he said.

And so the speaker wove in and out of his lecture the goodness and graciousess of people to illustrate how we could polish another person by using kindness and loving encouragement until the other one themselves becomes a gem and would be appreciation for their beauty.

The words from this speaker, a young man, was an encouragement to me and a way of coping with all the grandmotherly issues I face. These were lifted away from me in just a space of 45 minutes and rather than hard, cold stones as sometimes are used for the illustration of jewelry maybe I can turn my thoughts away from shivering cold into something of sparkling, blue and colored light off icycles and snow crystals, that are like ornaments of beautiful design.

Re: Hard Cold or Sparkling Light

Lovely! Thank you!
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
    X