Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folkstreams movies site, worth watching!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folkstreams movies site, worth watching!!!

I've had this link for a few years, & have just been watching a movie about Canadian & American Indians, folks who play the fiddle, & guitars, while they & or the other listeners step dance. It's a wonderful, reality type of movie, & gives one a chance to see how other people live. The practice of Ojibway & Chippewa Indians to play music, especially fiddle, obviously came about because there was no TV, or modern conveniences. It was a way to entertain oneself, & others, too.

There are many different movies on here, but they are all folk style movies, & I've watched one about Appalachians playing & singing different music, filmed originally by Alan Lomax. I hope you all will try this. You can look at regions, and/or other topics, click on the one you choose, & find one to watch. Have fun!!! Joan

http://www.folkstreams.net

Re: Folkstreams movies site, worth watching!!!

Hey...here's a quickie note in regard to: Ojibway Indians.....as a young girl in early teens, I met an Indian girl up on Manitoulin Island, near to Georgian Bay, in West Bay. We wrote letters back & forth for a few years. I can't for the life of me remember her name, but I found myself, while we (my family of origin) were camping there again, going to a movie with her, when I was the only "white" person there at the get-together. When I look back, sometimes I think I've had a most colorful life in more ways than one!!! Joan
    Last edited by FriedaKateM; 26 September 2011, 15:54. Reason: addendum

Comment

Working...
    X