Cavendish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavendish

Its History, Its People, by Harold H. Simpson.

This is an area of Prince Edward Island that was settled by Scots. I have mentioned that while hunting for some decent information about settlement I discovered this book while visiting the island on my first ever trip to Canada. At the time I took the liberty of lifting a couple of chapters from the book as I thought the descriptions were truly excellent. I have tried over the years since to find out who holds the copyright for this book but it seems that there is no copyright holder. I believe the book to be of considerable interest so I have decided to scan it into a set of pdf files to place with what I already have up.

At time of writing this I have scanned in the first 10 chapters which you can read at http://www.electricscotland.com/hist.../cavendish.htm

Alastair

Re: Cavendish

Just to say I've now got the first 16 chapters up but stopping now for the holidays so likely next week until I continue this. A bit I was reading was commenting how it took 3 months to get to PEI from Scotland in 1820 and while he was writing this he talked about how people were visiting the Space Station. Totally amazing the progress that has been made over just two centuries.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
    X