House of Tartan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of Tartan

House of Tartan is a new advertiser on Electric Scotland.

Many years ago they used to advertise on our site but they are now under new management and looking to expand their business.

I have recently been working on finding new advertisers for the site and am trying to find three types of businesses which I felt would be worthwhile for our visitors. The three types of advertisers I have been looking for are...

Kilts, Tartans and clan accessories.
    Tourism
    Food

On the first I have been talking to many people in Scotland and beyond to try and find one company that is trusted to do an outstanding job and provide quality merchandise and of course had an online shopping mall. After spending quite a bit of time on this it was clear that House of Tartan came out on top. They actually like to talk to their customers from anywhere in the world so that they get the right product. I thus believe their service is exceptional.

It was then my task to contact them and see if we could do business together and so I talked to Philip Pass their Director and after some back and forward chat they've decided they would like to try advertising with us.

I believe the arrangement is a good one for all of us in that we get a new advertiser that obviously provides us with a revenue stream. They should also benefit providing them with a new revenue stream. And as part of our agreement any new sales through Electric Scotland will see a donation of 2.5% of the net profit donated to the Scottish Tartans Authority, a non profit organisation which promotes all things tartan. As it happens Philip is also on the Board of the Scottish Tartans Authority.

And of course between us all we feel our visitors now have a trusted source for the purchase of tartan, a route to getting a new tartan designed for them as well as being able to purchase a kilt and other products while being offered the very best of service.

I might add that I purchased my own kilt from them while in Scotland.

You can visit their site at http://www.houseoftartan.com

We have now added an advertising button for them in the header of our site and also done a makeover of our Shopping page to reflect their offerings.

Alastair

Re: House of Tartan

I might add that we are still looking for a tourism company that can help people book B & B's, Self Catering and Hotels as well as help to arrange short tours and also full all inclusive tours for a number of days. We'd also like them to be in a position to help plan and organise clan gatherings. So should you have any personal knowledge of a company that can do all this please let us know.

And the same applies to a company that can provide Scottish and British Food.

Alastair

Comment

Allie,

I am not a tour guide but I am responsible for putting Vendor and Hotel Lists together for our couples. I will gladly donate what I have for Central Fife.
      kellyd:redrose:

Comment

I am trying to find a Scotland wide operation Kelly but thanks for the offer. It may be I won't be able to find one and I'll need to rethink this.

Alastair

Comment

I am finding such groups or companies are very territorial.
          kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
          X