Considering moving to Central Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering moving to Central Scotland

My grown kids have finally told me to go, get and be happy....

I think I am too old but I am going to give it a go!

Scotland-here I come!
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Considering moving to Central Scotland

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh ???

Comment

Yeah they all came over today and painted my living room. Told me to look at rental prices. They are as cheap as here. Then we browsed the jobs. They are more than what is here.

Kids said for me to take Robbie and go.

Comment

Why not Kelly d? it is a beautiful part of this island, although it sometimes gets a little wet................

dmf

Comment

I think this is wonderful.....wish I could too....love mam

Comment

You could do a lot worse than move to Stirling or Falkirk. Both are lovely towns. My 2 sisters both moved to Stirling almost 2 years ago. I've always said that if I ever moved back to Scotland I'd choose either Stirling or Falkirk.:cool:

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
              You could do a lot worse than move to Stirling or Falkirk. Both are lovely towns. My 2 sisters both moved to Stirling almost 2 years ago. I've always said that if I ever moved back to Scotland I'd choose either Stirling or Falkirk.:cool:

Elda
              Elda...Falkirk must be good my mum was born there and ny dad was born in Stenhousemuir ..then that must mean I'm special

Gordon :redrose:

I still have quite a few relatives there (still trying to locate them all)
              Last edited by 1938 Observer; 17 July 2010, 02:53. Reason: adding more text

Comment

School gets out here the 23rd. I am going to hop the train and head up there. Being in a central location would allow me to access all research areas. I can bring Mom over too. There are some very reasonable priced houses in Falkirk. More apartments up in Stirling. I will keep on looking.

Comment

Queen's Street rail station has trains leaving every 15 minutes which goes through Falkirk High Station on the Glasgow to Edinburgh line. The first train would go Glasgow, Falkirk High, Edinburgh Haymarket and Edinburgh Waverly. The next train did the same but also stopped at other stations on that line.

While Stirling does have it's own train station trains are less frequent.

Comment

I have half my pennies saved, now to get the other half of my passport visa and I will be on my way next spring....I have thought this over and if Kelly moves to Scotland, I will come over for a holiday....

The South's gonna rise again !!!! so to speak...

Comment

Ohhh my! Nahhh just a couple of Stewart-McD's that have a funny accent. Mom, you are going to learn to like Glenmorangie...the Best Scottish Whisky in the world!

Comment

Working...
                      X