Norman McDermid - Man of Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norman McDermid - Man of Mystery

I am trying to find out anything I can about this man. All I have so far is that in 1925 he was around 30/35 years old, living in Boddam Ness, Aberdeenshire and that he was independently wealthy. He had friends in high places in Aberdeenshire but was quite reclusive.

It is claimed that by the start of World War 2, he had moved to a cottage outside Stirling and that he assisted in the war effort by working in the Glasgow dockyards or shipyards during the day.

Does anyone know anything more about this quiet man?

dmf

Re: Norman McDermid - Man of Mystery

Have you tried looking for a death record for him? It is a beginning and you can work backwards.
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Kelly d,

Thanks for the suggestion but the fact is that I am more interested in his life rather than his death. I was looking to see if any member had maybe come across the man in maybe something they had read, but it was a long shot.

Thanks again

dmf

Comment

Boddam Ness is on the east coast just south of Peterhead and to the east of the main A90 road.

Opposite, and on the west of the A90, is a row of houses, with the name Stirling. I wonder if it was that Stirling or the one in the central belt.

Even if it was the one in the central belt, I doubt if at the date suggested, he would have commuted to the Glasgow dockyards.

Should I manage to gather any more information, I will post it here.

If you have 'Google Earth',type in the search box 'Peterhead UK', then scroll down a very small bit to see Boddam Moss. You will see 'Stirling' on the west side of the A90 road.

Regards

Ranald (from Falkirk)

Comment

Usually, when I can find a death record, I then can find census records. They are open to the public up through the years 1931. Maybe 1941 now it is 2010. You find an area of death, you usually can find him on the census. Work from the areas on the census records.
          kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
          X