Battle of Culloden Moor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Culloden Moor

For all our Grandfathers who fell that day!

kellyd:redrose:

Re: Battle of Culloden Moor

We do have an account of the Battle at http://www.electricscotland.com/history/culloden/

Comment

Déanta - Culloden's Harvest

YouTube comments:The Battle of Culloden (Scottish Gaelic: Blàr Chùil Lodair) (16 April 1746) was the final clash between the French-supported Jacobites and the Hanoverian British Government in the 1745 Jacobite Rising. Culloden dealt the Jacobite cause—to restore the House of Stuart to the throne of the Kingdom of Great Britain—a decisive defeat. It was the last battle ever to be fought on British soil.

Video clips from: "The National Trust of Scotland" audio-visual film & from "Culloden" (1964, Peter Watkins writer & director).

Lyrics written by Alistair McDonald
      Singer is Mary Dillon.

Comment

When I was 19, my family & I had a few days in Scotland. We came from Tomintoul, & Aberdeen, by way of Balmoral. Did get to Inverness, but if I had had anything to say about this trip, I would have gone to Culloden. My father was kind of impatient, so when we went places, we saw less than we could. (For instance, we got to the gate of George Washington's home, & when he saw what it cost to go in, we turned away.) Haven't been in Scotland since then, although we lived in England for 3 years. Joan

Comment

Hi FriedaKate,

I am an active member of the DAR and we have an annual gathering at Washington Old Hall in Tyne and Wear, Washington England. It is a Jacobian built house and gardens.

Déanta - Culloden's Harvest
          Once a daughter, always a daughter, this gave me chill pumps, Thank you!
          kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Working...
          X