Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tornado has hit the eastern Russian city of Blagoveshensk

Just seen this on the BBC

Make me wonder how many small animals, including pets are killed, or injured during the frightening tornado.

Ranald

A tornado has hit the eastern Russian city of Blagoveshensk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14364506

Re: A tornado has hit the eastern Russian city of Blagoveshensk

Hey Ranald,
    I can only imagine that wild animals and pets are hurt or killed. There were a lot of tornados here and a dog was picked up and landed miles away. The amazing part was with three broken legs and other injuries, she crawled home to her family.

Comment

Hi, Ranald....in regard to pets being killed/lost during tornados: Many years ago, in the '70's, I was working for a nutrition kind of program through our county extension agency. I went around this very poor (overall) county, teaching homemakers about foods & nutrition, how to stretch their food dollars, sometimes teaching them how to cook, or bake a pie, etc. By the way, some of the women called me "The Cook Woman."

I have many stories, of things that happened to me during this tenure working for EFNEP, but one of my favorite ladies, named Laura, showed me one day, a lovely green parrot, which they had in a cage. She told me her story, that due to the recent tornado, one day, she looked out into their corn patch, & saw this green parrot hanging onto the corn stalks. Evidently, she coaxed it to her, & she captured it. They had it quite a long time. As I remember, though, eventually that same parrot escaped their place, & they lost it as well. Joan
      Last edited by FriedaKateM; 1 August 2011, 14:22. Reason: add on "name"

Comment

Now that's interesting Joan. We have a frugal living section by Donna Flood which suggests ways you can save money. You might be interested in sending in a series of stories of those times as I'm sure we could all learn from them today. Would be happy to create an index page for you on the site to carry these stories should you be interested.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
        X