Nesbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nesbit

Sorry i haven't posted but i am a nesbitt, of which there is a growing society of us in the new world. The fact that someone nesbitt? or not has possession of the clans manse and will allow no visitors is sad. I visited scotland in 2008 knowing i could only see my family heraldry in the stained glass of St. Giles. Almost enough to be on the royal mile, but would love to see the clan home.

Re: Nesbit

While it's sad that they won't allow visitors you should consider that almost the whole clan would not have lived in the house but in the surrounding area. You should endevour to find out the extent of the clan lands and then do a tour over the whole area. Mind also that clan lands did change over time so what are clan lands today may not have always been the clan lands as they may have lost or gained lands or simply moved.

This is actually yet one more area that clans societies don't do too well on and that is showing where their clan lands were and are.

Alastair

Comment

Re: Nesbit

What do you mean by 'the clans manse' - 'clan home'.

Clans do not have manses, they belong to churches.

Are you meaning the 'home' of the clan chief ? In which case there may have been different ones over a period of time.

Please define exactly what you mean, and we will be only too pleased if we can help.

Regards

Ranald
      Last edited by Ranald; 24 July 2011, 11:04.

Comment

Working...
      X