Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN!

Hey,
    Finally we have gotten rain. It has been several days of rain and then again last night and this morning. I could almost cry!! Didn't even mind when our power went out for 10 hours. Of course, my husband started his huge generator and set me up with A/C, lights, and TV. Haha

Re: RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN!

We're getting moisture here too. Two days of light rain. North of us in Niobrara county, south of here in Laramie county and west of here in Platte county the moisture has come down in the form of white stuff.

Comment

Re: RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN!

You guys have been through a rough time - especially Texas with all those horrendous fires. Drought can be scary. Well, we in the East would have been very happy to pass some of our slop to you. I am so weary of rain. Normally my sump pump would have quit about mid-April. It is still running. I delayed mowing the lawn today hoping that this terrific gorgeous sunny weather - 85F today - yes the sun finally appeared - would dry out the surface sufficiently the tractor would not create huge ruts where the pump is dumping. During the latest monsoon like rainfall about ten days ago - lasted about three hours - there was a recorded four inches of rain in a thirty-five minute period. And I'm looking at my boiler that was submerged under more than two feet of water when the electric quit during Irene and assessing it is shot and it is going to be cold in this house within several weeks if I don't move my buns and do something. Mother Nature does have a way of chastising and telling you who is boss!

Comment

Working...
      X