Young Scots in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Scots in Canada

Here's an interesting article on the BBC...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-15853349

I did not realise that people were doing this as recently as this shows.

Sandy

Re: Young Scots in Canada

Ranald sent me in a BBC link about how Brits are leaving Austrlia and Aussies are leving Britain. You can read the report at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15799571

Alastair

Comment

They were both very interesting items.

Comment

Over the years I've known many UK migrants here who decided to go back. Every single one of them were back here after about 2 years away, saying that they couldn't settle back in the UK.
        Reading the BBC link which Alastair posted made me laugh....because the pub culture in the UK was exactly one of the reasons I left.....their entire social life seems to revolve around the pub. Personally I'd much rather sit on my verandah with friends or neighbours enjoying a glass of wine on a warm summers night after a nice BBQ.

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
          Over the years I've known many UK migrants here who decided to go back. Every single one of them were back here after about 2 years away, saying that they couldn't settle back in the UK.
          Reading the BBC link which Alastair posted made me laugh....because the pub culture in the UK was exactly one of the reasons I left.....their entire social life seems to revolve around the pub. Personally I'd much rather sit on my verandah with friends or neighbours enjoying a glass of wine on a warm summers night after a nice BBQ.

Elda
          that is very rare news Glesgalass

Comment

Working...
          X