We'll be down for 3 hours on Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'll be down for 3 hours on Tuesday

As you may remember we had a fire at our premises in Michigan and so have been in temporary accommodation since then. Well tomorrow (Tuesday 13th November) we're moving into our new permanent address at long last.

At this time the move will likely take place in the afternoon when we physically move the servers. we might only be down for an hour or two but might be longer if we hit problems.

Around two days after that we will be installing new high speed modems which require a new IP address but as we'll be doing work on this prior to the move we may not be down for too long. There is always an issue when moving to a new IP address as it means the DNS needs updated around the world. Most ISP's update their DNS every 3 hours but smaller ones may only update every 24 hours.

So this is simply to keep you updated on our move and that we will be down for a wee while during it.

Alastair

Re: We'll be down for 3 hours on Tuesday

Well our move went well and we were really only down for an hour. The next step is for us to get the new high speed modems and this means we will require new IP addresses. We can do preparatory work on this which means we shouldn't be down but as always we need to take into account we might be for a short time but we'll let you know.

Alastair

Comment

I was finally able to get into the forums Sunday afternoon. Not having access for 4 1/2 days changed my online routines. I'm glad it's back up.

Comment

Hey all,
        I couldn't agree more with Thomas. I really missed this site and the people.

Comment

Hello....I have been trying to "get on" for at least several days. I even emailed Alastair. So, very happy to be able to get onto "our" site...to communicate with like-minded folks. Joan

Comment

Good to see all up and running again. Hi to All.

One consolation was the ability to get in to the ES website and download the PDF newsletter on Friday, so that was a good partial fix to keep up to date.
            Gordon.

Comment

It is certainly good to get back on so now just to see what else is needed if anything. And I might add it loads real fast now.

Only downside is arriving back to see some 99 spam messages which have now been deleted.

Alastair

Comment

Yes, good to be back...... sorry to say that even more spam is now on, since your last delete. :-(

Pity there are no emails with the spammers, or we could send them thousands of junk, to see how they liked that!

Ranald

Comment

Sick people they are but we'll find a way to remove them from this planet.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                  X