Couple of New Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of New Options

There is a Media Tab available now and we are working on setting up categories to start establishing our own available Media Library along with hopeful cooperation for other folks

There is also a new field available in your Setting - Edit Profile options for a Real name...This is NOT a required filed but if you want to see a customized name appear in the new Header Greeting then you need to update this field with either your Real Name or Alias you are using (or whatever you want to see appear there :wink:)...

Cheers,

Papa Bear
    -=> Shared Pain is Lessened - Shared Joy Increased <=-
    Goddess is Great - Beer is Good - People are Crazy

Re: Couple of New Options

When it comes to the Media Tab it would be great to get some help on this. I have added a pile of categories so we can try to bring stuff together in some kind of logical order but am more than happy to get advice on these and especially in the early days so that I can add or delete them where appropriate.

This is where you can upload your own audio or video or point to resources on the web such as YouTube, etc.

Looking forward to getting this going and filling it up with great audio and video collections.

Alastair

Comment

OK... so playing with it I see we can't upload files but you can add a url to a YouTube video. The blurb says...

Simply put, this mod is a directory for media. It supports URL inputs, in order to extract meta data and directorize media into a simple and easy to understand library. Users can add their favorite media from a select few online distribution centers (such as Youtube or Vimeo) and categorize and tag them as they see fit.

Steve is looking to see if we can offer uploads of mp3 files and such so we'll keep you posted.

Alastair

Comment

And as to the personalized greeting you get at the top of the screen.... I'm told that this changes each hour so right now I'm getting...

Shouldn't you be going to bed soon Alastair?

The Alastair name is my own user name but as Steve said above you can elect to put your real name in there or even a nickname. You just need to edit that field in your settings.

I actually liked this mod which we had in the old system so nice to see it back.

Alastair

Comment

Al INSISTED that I had the Welcome as part of my Master ToDo list so don't le him fool ya...He can be a pretty insistent Bugger when he chooses and I have been dealing with him for over 15 years <chuckle>

Comment

I just noticed that if you do enter a name in that extra field when you edit your profile it now appears in the message header.

Alastair

Comment

Media Tab is now gone since it did the same thing as what we have already installed for Videos (and not as nicely I must say)

I have updated the Greeting Mod so it should be cleaner now and we are working together to add some custom Phrases...

The Mood Option is ALMOST done and will include all the previous moods now

Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
              X