New puppy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New puppy

I am going to collect my new puppy tomorrow. She is an Australian Silky terrier and I have named her Lily. I am very excited as I was not going to get a dog before my trip to UK in May but my neighbour will look after her when I am overseas.

:cool:

Re: New puppy

Mind and send in a picture!

Alastair

Comment

The puppy sounds lovely! My son-in-laws sister asked me to dog sit her almost one year old full blood german shephard. I am so In Love with this animal. He is the sweetest natured dog I have ever had to watch after. My daughter Jen let me know today the sister in law is not coping well in her own house and may move back home with her parents, if she does, we will get a new family member! I am praying for it!
      kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Well Lily has come home to my house. When I went to the breeders home and we rang the bell, none of the 4 dogs barked or made a noise, well trained I think. Lily is 9 months old and very cute. My 2 daughters have already visited and the edest one came with a Valentines day bag with a Lily on the front and produced toys, shampoo and conditioner, a blanket, brush, 2 collars and a lead. She is already spoiled!! My other daughter sat with her on her lap for an hour as she sprained her ankle and could not move too much. Other kids calling in during the next few days..

Comment

Well you made me look on the web, and I found the UK club for the breed

http://kennels.co.uk/Toy/AustralianSilkyTerrier.htm

The Australian club is also very good, and their picture of one is attached, as a welcome to Lily

From experience, I can tell you that they are wonderful companions, after a loss.

Ranald
          Attached Files

Comment

I picked up a new rescue a very petite (for an Irish Wolfhound) 82 pound, 2-year old female I named Aine. She is a full-of-herself adolescent that my two wheaten hounds took to until they figured out she was staying. They are rearraning the status quo around here but get along for the most part. I will post pictures as soon as the weather cooperates.

Comment

The Australian Silkie is a very lovely small dog!

The Irish Wolfhound is also very pretty.

Sparky is a sweet natured dog and Ranald is right, a dog is a good companion after a loss:)
              kellyd:redrose:

Comment

This is Lily sitting at my neighbours feet yesterday after she arrived home.Click image for larger version

Name:	Lily aged 9 months.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	23468

Comment

My dog Sparky, rather likes the photo, and asks, if there is any chance of a date with Lily?

Just to show good intentions I am going to be 12 this year, but I'm full of fun....

Sparky X

Ranald
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oh Mary,
                    She is such a sweetie. I am so happy for you. Dogs bring such happiness to the family and I am so sure she will as well. Enjoy!!

Comment

one week on and all is well. Lily copes with me being out at work, my neighbour pops over for half an hour during the day and sits in the garden with her. I have taken her to work and that will become a regular program on Thursday afternoons as Pet Therapy for the residents. When I take her into the building, I hand her over to one of my staff who then takes her around the residents room for next 2 hours. She has her blanket and brush and sits on the residents laps and lies there while they brush her, she even lifts up one leg at a time for it to be brushed!

She dug her first hole and buried her bone in the garden. She has been nicking the cherry tomatoes from the bottom of the bush and playing with them like balls. Maybe for next year I will need to build a little fence around the veggie garden. All in all I am loving having her and getting an excited reaction in the mornings and when I return home. As far as Lily is concerned, there is no one like Mum!! I am sure you all feel the same with your animals..

Comment

Áine 2 y/o 01/01/2011

I finally figured out how to shrink digital images to a size that the uploader could handle

Comment

Originally posted by miolchu View Post
                          Áine 2 y/o 01/01/2011

I finally figured out how to shrink digital images to a size that the uploader could handle
                          What a nice looking Dog.:redrose::redrose:::redrose:
                          Marie

Comment

The dog looks a bit like the hairy mutt Claude Greengrass has in Heartbeat!
                            Euan..

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
                              The dog looks a bit like the hairy mutt Claude Greengrass has in Heartbeat!
                              Family resemblance to the one in "Doc Martin"

check it out>>>> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jXNyvNsF2T...martin+dog.jpg

and here is 'Greengrass' with "Alfred"
                              http://www.nicholasrhea.co.uk/images...sandalfred.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X