Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still here.

Just put email and phone in 'profile message' to you - Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 25 November 2011, 08:02.

Comment

Ranald, Sandy, the dates have been confirmed for our stay at the Holiday Inn Express Waterfront in Edinburgh from the 17th till the 23rd May 2012. We head off to Inverness on the 23rd for a 3 night stay at the Thistle Inverness, then 1 night back in Glasgow on the 27th at the Thistle Glasgow before heading over to Dublin. We look forward to meeting any other ESers during that time.
      As of last week our UK holiday from the 1st of May 2012 til the 31st May 2012 has been paid for in full...now it's just the wait!
      Euan..

Comment

Thanks for the info Euan.... by gosh how the time flys...

Ranald

Comment

Hi Euan,
          I should definitely be back in Scotland by those dates.
          Sandy

Comment

I have been reliably informed the UK is in for a hot and dry summer, is this correct?..i won't get my hopes up, May is spring..
            Euan..

Comment

Yes Euan, it could well be just above freezing.......

Ranald

Comment

I'll go along with Ranald. The forecasts are reliably unreliable~~~
                Sandy

Comment

It's been known to snow in May. I told you before Euan, that whenever you visit Europe you have to take both summer & winter gear as you never know what the weather will do.

Elda

Comment

We would have preferred to go a bit later, but we didn't want to bump into the Olympics crowd..and we didn't want to wait till 2013...So i guess we will just have to takes what comes..I noticed on the UK weather site May's temps max out at around 16deg Celsius on average...that's around our winter temps here, in fact it gets up around the 22-24deg at times.
                    Euan..

Comment

Everywhere you go will be heated. My sister says that the British are all wimps.......they go from their centrally heated homes to their heated cars to the heated shops.
                      One word of advice which I've given to a number of people who told me they took my word and were glad they did. Wherever you go, always wear something with short sleeves underneath as you will probably find that it will be too hot for you as most people and shops tend to overheat their places and never have any windows open.

Elda

Comment

Well Elda i don't like stuffy hot places, so it will be the outdoors for me whenever possible.I intend to wear t-shirts under whatever i wear, but will wait til we arrive before buying heavy clothing.
                        If we decide to keep whatever clothing we buy, we will post it home in a carton. I think Sue has plans to buy some warm clothing before we go, but we don't get the sort of stuff in OZ that would be best suited to the UK. The heaviest clothing i own at the moment apart from a suit, are Rugby jumpers and Jeans and i don't intend to lug a suit to the UK!
                        Euan..

Comment

You may have trouble getting warm clothing over there as it will be their spring and the summer clothes with be in the shops. You wont really need arctic gear as everywhere will be heated. A parka will do if you can find any here before you go. Pity we don't live closer as I have a couple of coats which I've loaned out to people before.
                          What I did the 1st time we took our eldest there when he was 2 was to ask my mother to buy a parka for him as we couldn't get one here, but it was at Xmas time so we needed a warmer one than we could get here apart from it being summer here then.
                          You have a sister there, don't you?

Elda

Comment

Yes, i have a sister living near Edinburgh, i may ask her if she can get something for us,but i'm not too worried about it..Besides we will be spending the first two and a half weeks in Paris , London, Cardiff and York before we get to Scotland.
                            Euan..

Comment

It won't be much different weather in York or Cardiff probably. You will not have any problems in getting clothes if you need them. Your rugby shirts should be just fine. At worst I have a duffel coat you can borrow for your day in Glasgow!!! And of course there is always "internal heating" via the water of life (as needed).

Sandy

Comment

Good info and offer Sandy.

Should the roads be closed because of snow, he could hire or borrow, a sleigh which can come with red coated and white bearded driver:wink:

Ranald

Comment

Working...
                                X