Enigma Machine #13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine #13

Finally, here is Enigma Machine #13. Click on image for a larger copy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EM13.gif
Views:	1
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	24020

Re: Enigma Machine #13

No takers this week? Come on Ranald and Rick and any others, do your stuff! I will leave this up for another week. Computer problems this week so I was late getting this up. Click on picture to get a bigger copy.

Comment

Hello Hugh

Yes I d'l it and had a short try, not very good.

I have been very busy, but will have another go tomorrow.

Regards

Ranald

Comment

1 - Blue moon; 2 - I had to leave this one for Ranald! 3 - Upgrade; 4 - Paint by numbers; 5 - Undercover spy; 6 - Sweet 16; 7 - Big dipper; 8 - I'll leave this one for Ranald too, something about "lead pipe ...? 9 - Golden Gate Bridge; 10 - Calm in the eye of a hurricane; 11 - Silicon valley; 12 - Nickelodeon. Thanks Hugh!

Comment

Leaving the hard ones for Ranald are you Rick? The ones you answered are 100% correct according to Doug. Way to go! Now let's see what Ranald can come up with.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi Rick

Very well done.

Leaving number 2 for me, might ruin it for others :wink:

Regarding number 8, it could be 'pipe between ? and ?'.. or 'piping ? ?..or even 'see lead pipe ? ?'

May have to wait for answers from Hugh?

Ranald

Comment

Hi Rick

Number 1 - FULL moon ?

Ranald

Comment

Thanks Ranald, I'll stick with Blue Moon on number 1 as it shows up blue on my screen. The best I can do for #2 is "Ruthenium Between It" which makes no sense, so I'm missing something. The only idiom I know for number 8 is "Lead Pipe Cinch" but I can't make it fit, so will defer to better minds than mine. Hugh flies a Canadian flag so I can't even blame cultural differences for my missing these two. Good fun!

Comment

Rick, having seen a real 'blue moon' in 1951, and not having noted the 'blue' colour of the word, truly shows my age related brain malfunction!

In 1951 our family was on holiday near Aviemore, and my brother wanted to carry out some geological research.

On leaving the farm, we noticed a great plume of smoke rising from the village, which later we found it had been the disastrous fire of the Aviemore Hotel.

Then in the afternoon,when my brother and I were returning towards Tomintoul, we saw the Blue Sun 'note the word sun!!'. Later we learned that it had been caused by smoke from fires in Canada entering into the stratosphere..

Ah ME.... back to the enigma machine questions!!

Ranald

Comment

Yes Rick, a lead pipe cinch (C in CH). Ruthenium is not part of #2, so back to the drawing board for that one, it is really hard.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hugh, I sent a message to Rick, with the following line:-

'Leaving number 2 for me, might ruin it for others'

In other words my guess was 'Ruin it'.....

Is that anywhere near?

Ranald

Comment

Sorry for the pollution Ranald, it happens from time to time when the weather here lets the forest fires get out of control. I was pretty young for your 1951 experience, but was involved in several in the 1980s that probably didn't help the atmosphere one bit. As for "blue moons", I believe the term refers to those rare times when there are two fill moons in one month rather than to colour, 'tho I'm not sure Elvis Presley made that distinction. And I have completely capitulated on #2 "ITRUIT" so unless you've cracked it, I'll wait for Hugh to break the suspense. Have a fine weekend!

Comment

Ha! This just popped up on my screen. You get my vote and my hat is off. Well done!

Comment

I am waiting for Hugh to confirm yes or no.... !!

Comment

I like it and it may be an alternate answer. Brilliant is my reply.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                              X